Subject: Re: Bug in dlopen() (or following) code in Cygwin1.dll v 1.5.19-4
From: [email-masked]
To: Gary Zablackis <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:18:20 +0100

I have got to a similar problem with Cygwin having same symptoms. I have found
that there was a reported problem with a strings in libstdc++.la, if your
application is using dlls. It is really awfull bug to identify...

See this links for details:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg01352.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24196

I got around by compiling gcc-4.0.2 with extra flag
--enable-fully-dynamic-string and I will later use a new string implementation
that should come with gcc-4.1.

PV

----------------------------------------------------
Sent through the University of Leoben webmail system

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/