Subject: using 'mkoctfile'
From: "John W. Eaton" <[email-masked]>
To: Agnes Bousquier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:01:09 -0500

On 28-Feb-2006, Agnes Bousquier wrote:

|    I am using Octave 2.1.72 under cygwin and would like to generate .oct 
| files thanks to the command 'mkoctfile'. Unfortunately, when I type
| mkoctfile myfile.cc
| the following message appears (in French) :
| /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld : 
| can not find -lreadline
| collect2 : ld returned an execution state code
|   Could anyone please tell me what is missing ?

I'm not sure why the readline library is not found.  It should be
installed with just about any Cygwin install, and I think it is a
dependency of the Octave package.

But in any case, I think you need to be using gcc 3.3, otherwise you
will likely have problems.  There is more information here:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-02/msg00738.html.

jwe

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/