Subject: Octave's oct-modules built with gcc-3.4.4-1 crash octave.
From: "John W. Eaton" <[email-masked]>
To: "Juhani Saastamoinen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:10:21 -0500

On 21-Feb-2006, Juhani Saastamoinen wrote:

| The binary octave modules compiled with gcc-3.4.4 don't work.

The last time I checked, Octave just doesn't work with gcc 3.4 on
Cygwin systems.  I think the biggest problem is this bug

  http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24196

which was also discussed in this thread:

  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00297.html

and there also seems to be a related problem here:

  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00495.html

though I'm not sure that these two problems are precisely the same
bug.

| Installing the gcc-3.3.3-3 compiler version makes oct modules
| work again. I use a 'myones.cpp' code as an example below.

If you are using the binary package from a Cygwin mirror, then I think
you will have to use gcc 3.3 to built .oct files.   I'm fairly certain
that the binary package of Octave is built with gcc 3.3, and it is
best to not mix C++ compiler versions when building .oct files.

jwe

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/