Subject: RE: _kbhit
From: skaller <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Korn <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:36:38 +1100

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 18:11 +0000, Dave Korn wrote:

>   Why would any app (in general, and yours in particular) /need/ to link to
> cygwin1.dll?  The only reason is for the POSIX/Unix/Linux compatibility it
> provides, because that is _all_ that cygwin1.dll does.

It is quite possible this need arises naturally in a dynamically 
linked application, where for one reason or another you end up 
mixing and matching plugins. After all, cygwin1.dll is just a 
Windows dll.

-- 
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sf dot net>
Felix, successor to C++: http://felix.sf.net

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/