Subject: ssh, whois, xinit and others core dump
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:02:37 -0800

When I run ssh, whois, xinit and other commands they core dump. I tried to
reinstall Cygwin from scratch but the problem persists. I have attached the
output of cygcheck.

The following is the output of running ssh via strace:

[removed]

306 2100109 [main] ssh 2968 open: -1 = open (/home/aub/.ssh/id_dsa.pub, 0x0)
806 2101915 [main] ssh 2968 sigaction: signal 13, newact 0x0, oa 0x0
453 2102368 [main] ssh 2968 sigaction: signal 13, newact 0x22EC10 (handler 0x1),
oa 0x0
057 2103425 [main] ssh 2968 sig_send: sendsig 0x720, pid 2968, signal -13,
its_me 1
332 2103757 [main] ssh 2968 sig_send: wakeup 0x66C
963 2111720 [main] ssh 2968 sig_send: Waiting for pack.wakeup 0x66C
883 2112603 [sig] ssh 2968 wait_sig: signalling pack.wakeup 0x66C
294 2112897 [main] ssh 2968 sig_send: returning 0x0 from sending signal -13
352 2113249 [main] ssh 2968 readv: readv (3, 0x22E9B0, 1) blocking, sigcatchers
0
288 2113537 [main] ssh 2968 readv: no need to call ready_for_read
- Process 2968, exception C0000005 at 00BBB44E
006 2114543 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
exc 0xC0000005 at xBBB44E sp 0x22E7C4
377 2114920 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
sig 11 at 0xBBB44

823 2141743 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x0
42294 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
551 2142294 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
361 2143655 [main] ssh 2968 try_to_debug: debugger_command ''
47123 [main] ssh 2968 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
ssh.exe.stackdump
468 2147123 [main] ssh 2968 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
ssh.exe.stackdump
- Process 2968, exception C0000005 at 610161E5
6528 3023651 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: In
cygwin_except_handler exc 0xC0000005 a
0x610161E5 sp 0x22E2BC
448 3024099 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
sig 11 at 0x61016
5
319 3024418 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: In cygwin_except_handler
calling 0x0
24656 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
238 3024656 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
52754 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state
(probably corrupted st
k)
098 3052754 [main] ssh 2968 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping
state (probably corrup d stack)
634 3130388 [main] ssh 2968 inside_kernel: pc 0x610161E5, h 0x61000000,
interruptible 1
307 3130695 [main] ssh 2968 normalize_posix_path: src /dev/kmsg
186 3130881 [main] ssh 2968 normalize_posix_path: /dev/kmsg =
normalize_posix_path (/dev/kmsg)
236 3131117 [main] ssh 2968 mount_info::conv_to_win32_path:
conv_to_win32_path (/dev/kmsg)
280 3131397 [main] ssh 2968 mount_info::conv_to_win32_path: src_path /dev/kmsg,
dst \\.\mailslot\c win\dev\kmsg, flags 0x2, rc 0
374 3131771 [main] ssh 2968 build_fh_pc: fh 0x6115D25C
304 3132075 [main] ssh 2968 seterrno_from_win_error:
/netrel/src/cygwin-1.5.19-4/winsup/cygwin/fha
ler_mailslot.cc:109 windows error 2
348 3132423 [main] ssh 2968 geterrno_from_win_error: windows error 2 == errno 2
289 3132712 [main] ssh 2968 __set_errno: void seterrno_from_win_error(const
char*, int, DWORD):310 al 2
296 3133008 [main] ssh 2968 sigproc_terminate: entering
149 3133157 [main] ssh 2968 sig_send: sendsig 0x720, pid 2968, signal -42,
its_me 1
237 3133394 [main] ssh 2968 sig_send: Not waiting for sigcomplete.  its_me 1
signal -42
199 3133593 [main] ssh 2968 sig_send: returning 0x0 from sending signal -42
772 3134365 [main] ssh 2968 proc_terminate: nprocs 0
332 3134697 [main] ssh 2968 proc_terminate: leaving
307 3135004 [sig] ssh 2968 wait_sig: saw __SIGEXIT
188 3135192 [sig] ssh 2968 wait_sig: signal thread exiting
402 3135594 [main] ssh 2968 __to_clock_t: dwHighDateTime 0, dwLowDateTime
600864
270 3135864 [main] ssh 2968 __to_clock_t: total 00000000 0000003C
178 3136042 [main] ssh 2968 __to_clock_t: dwHighDateTime 0, dwLowDateTime
1101584
220 3136262 [main] ssh 2968 __to_clock_t: total 00000000 0000006E 950 3137212
[main] ssh 2968 pinfo::exit: Calling ExitProcess n 0x8B, exitcode 0x8B00

Does anyone have any idea? Any help is greatly apreciated.

Thanks.
Alberto

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/