Subject: Re: rpcgen question
From: "Brett Serkez" <[email-masked]>
To: "Christian Gagneraud" <[email-masked]>, "Eric Blake" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:58:44 -0500

<snip>
> Since yesterday, i have made some investigation, and i have found that
> rpcgen comes from the same package (both on RH and cygwin), but it's a
> problem of version: - RH: /* @(#)rpc.h    2.4 89/07/11 4.0 RPCSRC;
> from 1.9 88/02/08 SMI */ - Cygwin: /* @(#)rpc.h    2.3 88/08/10 4.0
> RPCSRC; from 1.9 88/02/08 SMI */

Correct, the features in question were added later.

> And finaly, i will try to keep the generated code on linux and try to
> build/use it on cygwin... Don't know if it's a good or bad idea! :(

A good idea.  It may not be necessary to regenerate the code for every
platform.  Working on projects in the past, it was the norm to generate
and check-in the generated code on the primary UNIX platform, and only
compile on the various UNIXies/Linux.  Much of the upgraded
functionality is in the code generator, althought threading depends upon
the appropriate threading libraries availability on each platform.

Brett
----------------------------------------------------------------
Brett C. Serkez, Techie

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/