Subject: Re: Serial port hangs unless I run Hyperterminal?
From: andyburgess <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:29:12 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks all for your replies - I looked into errno - will be useful for future
issues.

Thanks to Eric, found my problem was although Cygwin happy with using port
labelled COM1 (and presumably picking up Windows settings thereof - hence
their changing after Hyperterminal), it couldn't do the tcgetattr and
tcsetattr for that port successfully. Using the correct POSIX labelled port
of "/dev/ttyS0" allowed get and set to work perfectly in C! 

Thanks all!

Andy Burgess

-- 
 __  __  __  __      __ ___   _____________________________________________
|__||__)/ __/  \|\ ||_   |   /
|  ||  \\__/\__/| \||__  |  /...Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines
___________________________/ [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/