Subject: Re: cygwin and rsync
From: "Brett Serkez" <[email-masked]>
To: "Ken Senior" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 21:20:21 -0500

<...snip...>
> Does this tell anyone anything?  If not, I could traverse the learning
> curve on getting gdb information from the process.

As an additional thought on why rsync may be hanging on a write to
stdout, presuming the cause is a deadlock.  What is the size of the file
it is hanging on?  We saw earlier that the number of bytes was around a
magic number.  I'm wondering if the number of bytes to be transmitted is
encountering a conversion error (truncation,sign,...). If one of the two
copies mis-understood how many bytes were to be transmitted it might
stop reading or writing to early and come out of sync with the other.

You might consider excluding this file and see if rsync is successful or
encounters another similar file it hangs on and exclude it and see if
they have something in common such as their size.

Just a thought,

Brett
----------------------------------------------------------------
Brett C. Serkez, Techie

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/