Subject: Re: Request for fixes to http://cygwin.com/problems.html
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:08:07 -0500

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:01:19PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
>Greetings.  I'd appreciate it if the http://cygwin.com/ webmaster would
>make two fixes to the http://cygwin.com/problems.html page, at his/her
>earliest convenience:
>
>1.  Fix your author attribution for "smart questions" (i.e., the essay
>"How to Ask Questions the Smart Way") to credit _both_ of that essay's
>co-authors, instead of just Eric.

I've removed the attribution entirely.  I'll let people figure out who you
are by visiting the page.

>2.  Append a prominent notice saying something like "Please do NOT send
>your Cygwin questions to Eric and Rick".

I've added some comments mentioning how stupid such an activity would
be.

I'm sorry that our link has generated extra work for you.  Even after many
years of supporting the cygwin community, it never occurred to me that I
would have to caution against sending email to people who obviously have
nothing to do with the project but, in retrospect, it seems pretty obvious
that this would be a problem.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/