Subject: Re: 1.5.18-1 gcc path weirdness
From: "Alan Miles" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:05:53 -0600

All,

Sorry this isn't from my regular mailer ...

>>----- Message from xxxxx on Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:33:22 -0600 -----
>>To:	<[email-masked]>
>>Subject:	Re: 1.5.18-1 gcc path weirdness
>What does ls -l /usr/bin/*gcc* show you?

>From bash, it looks like:

>swootton@swootton-pc1234 /usr/bin
>$ ls -l /usr/bin/*gcc*
>-rwxrwxrwx  1 swootton Users 93717 Jun  7 17:02 /usr/bin/gcc.exe
>-rwxrwxrwx  1 swootton Users 16183 Jun  7 16:13 /usr/bin/gccbug
>-rwxrwxrwx  1 swootton Users 93717 Dec  5 16:25 
>/usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc-3.4.4.exe
>lrwxrwxrwx  1 swootton Users     7 Dec  5 16:25 
>/usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc.exe -> gcc.exe

All I don't know if anyone noticed the

>-rwxrwxrwx  1 swootton Users 93717 Jun  7 17:02 /usr/bin/gcc.exe

and

>-rwxrwxrwx  1 swootton Users 93717 Dec  5 16:25 
>/usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc-3.4.4.exe
>lrwxrwxrwx  1 swootton Users     7 Dec  5 16:25 
>/usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc.exe -> gcc.exe

lines..

Could it be possible that you are running the Jun 7 version of gcc.exe when 
you are thinking that you are running the gcc pointed to by the symlink? As 
a WAG I think you might be and bash/cygwin is trying to figure out which 
command to ** actually ** use.

Alan

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! 
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/