Subject: lpr error (Was :Re: Enscript error with passwd uid field (enscript-1.6.3-3))
From: Jurgen Defurne <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:49:25 +0100

I do have a real problem, but not with enscript, but with accessing
the printers.

In the past, I could set PRINTER to //server/printershare, and use
enscript and lpr to print out my jobs.

If I try to print now, I get the following message from lpr :
        lpr: printer error: can't open '\\beqbrgbrg1ms0p1\psbe31.lnk' for 
writing: The printer name is invalid.

Upon further investigation, it seems that I cannot contact any
printers anymore from cygwin upon our print server, but I
can see those printers from my explorer.

Ie. If I do 'ls //server' I should probably see the printer shares,
like any other share on the same server.

Any ideas ?

Jurgen

Jurgen Defurne <[email-masked]> 
Sent by:
[email-masked]
2005-11-23 11:44 AM
Please respond to
Jurgen Defurne/BRG/CE/PHILIPS@PHILIPS

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
Enscript error with passwd uid field (enscript-1.6.3-3)
Classification

Hello,

I just installed enscript in the most current Cygwin
environment (stable), end I get the following error
when starting it.

        enscript: kan geen wachtwoord vinden voor uid=45056: No error

This is Dutch, when translating I expect to get something like :

        enscript: cannot find password for uid=45056: No error

My generated passwd file however, contains 176128, not 45046.

By replacing the former uid with the latter, the problem is solved.

However, should this still be necessary ? I thought that a long
time ago this problem was solved ?

Regards,

Jurgen Defurne

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/