Subject: 1.5.18: Problem installing automake1.9
From: "Colin Eberhardt" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:20:45 -0000

Dear All,

I am a first time user of cygwin so I hope this is not a stupid
question. I have searched the archives and googled the web but have not
found an answer yet.

I am hoping to do some C++ development and wish to use GCC, GDB etc...
from cygwin.

I have installed everything I need, apart from automake1.9. The files
are all unpacked, however when the installer runs:

"etc/postinstall/automake1.9.sh"

The following pops up:

"The procedure entry point ___getreent could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin.dll"

I thought that this is the type of error that you see if the wrong
versions of files are being used when trying to link or execute
components?

I am running the installer directly from the cygwin homepage.

Any suggestions?

Colin Eberhardt
Software Engineer
eMail: [email-masked]

TecSphere Ltd
Centre for Advanced Industry
Coble Dene, Royal Quays
Newcastle upon Tyne NE29 6DE
United Kingdom

Direct Dial: +44 (191) 270 31 13
Fax: +44 (191) 270 31 09
http://www.tecsphere.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/