Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xemacs-21.4.17-2/xemacs-tags-21.4.17-2/xemacs-emacs-common-21.4.17-2
From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:11:02 +0100

Hi

A new version of 'xemacs' has been uploaded to a server near you.

DESCRIPTION:
============
A powerful, highly customizable open source text editor and application 
development system

CYGWIN NEWS:
============

* Recompiled with gcc-3.4.4/binutils-20050610

  Now supports postgresql-8.x and BerkeleyDB-3.4

  Now uses cygcompface-0.dll from compface-1.5.2

  Compiled with Athena 3D widget set (the versions before used the Lesstif
  Motif emulation). Now dialog boxes look more ugly but XEmacs doesn't crash
  anymore upon exit. Also the following warnigs printed in the shell from
  where XEmacs got started are now gone:

    Warning: XtRemoveGrab asked to remove a widget not on the list

    
INSTALLATION:
=============
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick up
the above mentioned package from the 'Editors' category.

DOWNLOAD:
=========
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.

These mirrors already got the package, the others will probably have 
the latest version of this package fairly soon:

In the US

       ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/ 

has reliable high bandwidth connections.

QUESTIONS:
==========
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
list is the appropriate place.

CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
=================================
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.  Send
email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-YOU=[email-masked]

Enjoy
  Volker

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/