Subject: Re: 1.5.18: problem with drag and drop using XEmacs
From: David Rothenberger <[email-masked]>
To: Frank Papenfuss <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 06:10:19 -0800

On 11/17/2005 1:26 AM, Frank Papenfuss wrote:
> When I try to drag and drop a file into XEmacs it will not open the 
> file. I am not using X, just plain Windows. This behaviour of XEmacs 
> is specific to the distribution that comes with cygwin. 

XEmacs needs to be built with the "--with-dragndrop" option to configure 
to support drag and drop under Windows. I don't believe the Cygwin 
distribution is built with this flag because it caused some problems for 
some users. See <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg00343.html>.

I have been building my own XEmacs 21.4 with support for Windows and 
XEmacs under Cygwin for a long time. I've always used --with-dragndrop 
and have never encountered any problems. You could try to download the 
21.4 source package and rebuild with that option. Perhaps it will work 
for you, too.

-- 
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> [email-masked]
GPG/PGP: 0x92D68FD8, DB7C 5146 1AB0 483A 9D27 DFBA FBB9 E328 92D6 8FD8

YOW!!  I'm in a very clever and adorable INSANE ASYLUM!!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/