Subject: Re: 1.5.18-1: cannot start executables (except cygcheck.exe) on windows server 2003 web edition
From: [email-masked] (Eric Blake)
To: Eduard Witteveen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:13:03 +0000

> > 
> > Please ATTACH, not send inline, the output of cygcheck -svr (your -cvr
> > output is not as helpful), per the directions here:
> Thank for pointing out my error, here is the output

Thanks for the full output - it pinpoints your problem:

> Not Found: sh

Somehow, your installation of bash has failed.  Rerun setup.exe,
and select bash for reinstallation, so that the postinstall
script will run again and create /bin/sh.  Without a working
/bin/sh, many cygwin programs have extreme difficulty.

--
Eric Blake

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/