Subject: Re: Cygwin python & multiple versions
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: John Ehresman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:12:31 -0500

John,

See the following:

    http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PPIOSPE

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 01:09:52PM -0500, John Ehresman wrote:
> Is it possible to install cygwin python 2.4 while retaining cygwin
> python 2.2 & 2.3?  I realize that only one will be available as
> 'python', but things are set up to use python2.2, python2.3, etc
> commands.

I think it is possible if you install the packages manually (without
using setup.exe).  AFAICT, only the following files will overwrite each
other:

    $ tar -tjf python-2.4.1-1.tar.bz2 | egrep -v '2.4|/$'
    usr/bin/idle
    usr/bin/pydoc
    usr/bin/python.exe
    usr/bin/smtpd.py
    usr/share/man/man1/python.1

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/