Subject: CPU usage issue with bash
From: "Sarcar, Shourya C \(GE Healthcare\)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Sarcar, Shourya C \(GE Healthcare\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:06:29 +0530

Bash seems to be taking up a lot of CPU resources for me. It peaks to
100% for lengthy spans of around 20-30 seconds.
On NT systems (with an older cygwin) I notice peaks to around 70-80% for
shorter durations of time.
Is this a known issue with bash ?
I found this on the archives.
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-03/msg01114.html
But this does not provide any conclusive answer :-(

If someone could provide some pointers, I would appreciate that.

Is there any documentation on the minimum recommended hardware
configuration for Cygwin ?

Regards
Shourya

--
Shourya Sarcar
Lead, Service Platform
Clinical Software Engineering
GE Healthcare, Bangalore, India
Cell: +91.98801.52017 Dialcomm: *901 3314

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/