Subject: Re: Cygwin, ssh, and top
From: René Berber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:53:05 -0500

David Christensen wrote:
[snip]
>>if you are using the stock CMD.EXE window.
> 
> I use Cygwin Bash.

Using rxvt has the advantage that one of its parameters enables changing TERM.

>>I suspect it has something to do with the lines/columns settings.
>>Try resizing the window before running top to make it recalculate
>>size.  Or run something like "eval `resize`".
> 
> Again, my preference is that the sshd host work correctly with the Cygwin ssh
> client.

Yes but... the problem is caused by the terminfo data you showed: columns is not
defined.

Try "echo $COLUMNS"... now "export COLUMNS=80; top"; does it work?
-- 
René Berber

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/