Subject: Re: mkdir -p and EROFS
From: [email-masked] (Eric Blake)
To: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:48:30 +0000

> Thanks for reporting this.  It is indeed a bug in
> coreutils/lib/mkdir-p.c.  It can be triggered by other errors too.
> This is hard to write a test case for, but I'd like to fix things.
> Does the following patch work for you?

> 2005-10-12  Paul Eggert  <[email-masked]>
> 
> 	* mkdir-p.c (make_dir_parents): Don't fail if an intervening mkdir
> 	fails due to EROFS, or due to EEXIST or other reasons for that matter.
> 	Problem reported by Eric Blake.
> 	(ENOSYS): Remove; no longer needed.

Yes - with this patch on top of coreutils 5.91-CVS, cygwin once
again can do 'mkdir -p //server/share/dir', while still failing with
EROFS on the intermediate //server.

--
Eric Blake

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/