Subject: How to install Subversion 1.2.3-1?
From: Matt England <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:30:14 -0500

I am trying to install Subversion 1.2.3-1 on my cygwin system.  I am not 
having any success with setup.exe (I plan to post a separate email 
regarding setup.exe issues).

I tried downloading and extracting the following package:

http://mirror.calvin.edu/cygwin/release/subversion/subversion-1.2.3-1.tar.bz2

Only to get the following results (in short: it doesn't work):

mengland@matts-laptop 8:17am [...software-new/subversion] 8> svn --version
       2 [main] ? 3652 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve 9891792 
bytes of
space for cygwin's heap (0x61810000 <0x870000>) in child, Win32 error 487
e:\cygwin\bin\svn.exe (3652): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress 
0x61810000
, m.RegionSize 0x3B0000, m.State 0x10000
mengland@matts-laptop 8:17am [...software-new/subversion] 9>

Can someone please help guide me out of the darkness to see the light?  I 
have not yet had to build these sort of packages from source; why would I 
need to start now?

I also tried pointing setup.exe at the above-downloaded file, with no 
apparent success.  (Again, I find setup.exe extremely difficult to use.)

-Matt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/