Subject: gdb can't debug DLL extension for tcl/tk
From: "Stefan v. Wachter" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:58:42 +0200

I finally suceeded in building my extension for tcl/tk with gcc (compile 
option -mno-cygwin and -g) . I use the dll by starting the normal 
wish.exe from the ActiveTcl Windows distribution. Then I can the load 
DLL via "load aoext.dll"

This works, but debugging fails:
- I started ddd where the source files are,
- then I opened wish.exe as program,
- then I run the program with an argument containing my tcl script 
loading the DLL.
- After this I should be able to open the source files of my DLL, but 
the dialog doesn't show anything. Setting of breakpoints is impossible. 
The analogue procedure on Linux works.

Is  debugging of DLLs supported by gdb? The objdump tool shows me that  
the DLL contains debug information. I also tried to edit the gdp prefs 
for source dirs.
Is there anything  special I have to do? Do I have to use the cygwin 
built wish.exe? This would be difficult because there are some 
extensions missing (e.g. itcl).

Thanks for advise,
Stefan

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/