Subject: Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: "emacs user" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:38:51 +0300

> From: "emacs user" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:45:21 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> some more diagnostics of the GC problem, with the help of some advice from 
> eliz.  does this help?

It's a beginning.  Thanks.

> Breakpoint 1, abort () at emacs.c:461
> 461	  kill (getpid (), SIGABRT);
> (gdb) where
> #0  abort () at emacs.c:461
> #1  0x200ed1c1 in mark_object (arg=536986871) at alloc.c:5468

The next step is to find out what object is the argument passed to
mark_object in frame #1.  This is the object that caused the abort.

Also, please send the output of the GDB command xbacktrace, it should
produce the Lisp traceback at this point (although it looks like Emacs
crashed right at startup, so the Lisp traceback will not tell anything
important).

> (gdb) print last_marked_index
> $6 = 22
> (gdb) print last_marked[22]
> $7 = 539791361

This is wrong.  etc/DEBUG says:

                                                            The variable
    `last_marked_index' holds the index into the `last_marked' array one
    place beyond where the pointer to the very last marked object is
    stored.

See that ``one place beyond'' part?  So you should have said

(gdb) print last_marked[21]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/