Subject: Re: readline completion
From: [email-masked] (Eric Blake)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]>, Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:19:55 +0000

> 
> Besides, a one-time sequence of commands below will allow painless
> Tab-completion of /cygdrive:
> 
> cd / && \
> mkdir /cygdrive && \
> cmd /c ren cygwin.bat Cygwin.bat && \
> cmd /c ren cygwin.ico Cygwin.ico

Only if you don't have case-insensitive tab-completion turned on.
Me, I like 'shopt -s nocaseglob' in ~/.bashrc, and
'set completion-ignore-case on' in ~/.inputrc, which then means
/cygdrive and /Cygwin.bat still have a common '[cC][yY][gG]' prefix,
so your trick doesn't help.

--
Eric Blake

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/