Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: octave-forge-2005.06.13-3
From: "James R. Phillips" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

INFO
====
The cygwin octave-forge package has been updated to release 2005.06.13-3.

There was a corrupted version of this upload that existed briefly on the
mirrors as octave-forge-2005.06.13-2; if you installed this, you definitely
need to update.

Changes:

 +Links with --enable-auto-image-base flag to reduce need for rebasing dlls
 +Supports (and requires) cygwin gsl package
 +New build script builds out-of-tree using shtool-mkshadow

More information in the octave-forge-2005.06.13-3.README file.

The octave-forge project contains over 500 contributed functions for GNU Octave
which are not in the main distribution. These functions are grouped according
to the following subdirectories: audio, comm, control, general, geometry,
ident, image, io, linear-algebra, miscellaneous, optim, path, plot, set,
signal, sparse, specfun, special-matrix, splines, statistics, strings, struct,
symbolic, time. The Cygwin distribution of octave-forge also incorporates
m-files from the octave-ci collection.

octave-forge home page: http://octave.sourceforge.net

octave-ci collection: ftp://ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at/pub/octave/octave-ci.tar.gz

UPDATE
======

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your system.  Save it
and run setup, answer the questions and pick up 'octave-forge' from the 'Math'
category. Then click on the 'skip' field next to 'octave-forge' until
'2005.06.13-2' is
displayed.

DOWNLOAD:
=========
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't allowed due
to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will need to find a mirror which
has this update, please choose the one nearest to you: 

http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

QUESTIONS:
==========
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is the
appropriate place.

CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
=================================
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.  Send email to
the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-YOU=[email-masked]

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html#unsubscribe-simple

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

MAINTAINER
==========
James R. Phillips

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/