Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: octave-2.1.71-2
From: "James R. Phillips" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:10:10 -0700 (PDT)

INFO
====
The cygwin octave package has been updated to release 2.1.71-2.

Changes:

 +Rebuilt to link against fftw3 libraries, for faster fft operations.
 +Links with --enable-auto-image-base flag to reduce need for rebasing dlls.
 +Fixed packaging error related to /usr/share/info/dir

More information in the octave-2.1.71.README file.

GNU Octave is a (mostly Matlab (R) compatible) high-level language, primarily
intended for numerical computations.  It provides a convenient command-line
interface for solving linear and nonlinear problems numerically.

Octave Home Page: http://www.octave.org

UPDATE
======

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your system.  Save it
and run setup, answer the questions and pick up 'octave' from the 'Math'
category. Then click on the 'skip' field next to 'octave' until '2.1.71-2' is
displayed.

DOWNLOAD:
=========
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't allowed due
to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will need to find a mirror which
has this update, please choose the one nearest to you: 

http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html

QUESTIONS:
==========
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is the
appropriate place.

CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
=================================
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.  Send email to
the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-YOU=[email-masked]

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html#unsubscribe-simple

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

MAINTAINER
==========
James R. Phillips

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/