Subject: Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:31:45 +0300

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 02:21:53 -0400, emacs user wrote:
>
> Hello, I find emacs to be very unstable under cygwin, crashing every couple
> of minures (both emacs 21.X and cvs emacs with and without gtk).  I
> submitted a few bug reports but received no reply.  I was hoping to find the
> maintainer and interact directly with her/ him.  any advice?  EU

AFAIK Joe Buehler is maintaining Cygwin Emacs. But may be he is not
subscribed to [email-masked].

Cygwin specific Emacs problems should be discussed on [email-masked],
not on [email-masked].

What are your problems ?

May be you did rebasing (especially rebase all) - it is known to
have a negative effect on Emacs.

I work with both Emacs 21.2 (distributed with Cygwin, prepared by
Joe Buehler) and Emacs 22.0.50 (updated from CVS and compiled on
2005-08-01), both in terminal mode and on X, and they work fine.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 GnuPG: 98EA398D <http://www.keyserver.net/>    Better Safe Than Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/