Subject: Re: more in insert and copy from clipboard
From: "J. David Boyd" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:32:33 -0400 (EDT)

From: Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: more in insert and copy from clipboard
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:47:18 -0400 (EDT)

>
> Ah, so you're using an xterm.  This makes the question off-topic for this
> list.  I've redirected my reply to the right list, and set the Reply-To:
> accordingly.  Please remove <cygwin at cygwin dot com> from further
> discussion of this, unless it veers back to something relevant to Cygwin
> at large, and not just Cygwin/X.

Okay, thanks, I'll start hanging out on the Cygwin/Xfree location.

>
> This has nothing to do with Cygwin settings -- it's an internal setting of
> the X server.  My guess would be that either the clipboard thread isn't
> starting properly, or you need to run xwinclip instead of using the
> -clipboard parameter.  Looking at (and posting) /tmp/XWin.log would help.
>
> The X clipboard settings are generally confusing -- they have at least 4
> clipboards, only one of which corresponds to the system clipboard.  As far
> as I know, the recent X servers are pretty good at doing the copy/paste
> with the system clipboard, but there's always the possibility of
> misconfiguration or some other factor that affects this.  Perhaps the
> people on the Cygwin/X list will have more helpful comments.

Makes sense, now I know where to start looking.

> That's why we prefer it attached to the message, rather than included
> inline.  At first glance[*], nothing looks wrong.

Actually, I was under the impression that these lists didn't like or allow
attachments.  It must be list dependent.

Thanks for the info,

Dave

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/