Subject: Re: [perl-5.8.7] Perl regression tests fail when lib directory is present
From: Michael G Schwern <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Scott Bolte <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Andrew Ho <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:20:21 -0700

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 07:51:48PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Yep, the example with the delete( $ENV   ...) shows clearly that there
> is a problem with forked/spawned processes which should be resolved.
> 
> In the first place I would be glad if someone (petdance?) could fix TH
> for Cygwin so that it works to install modules (well, to run the test 
> suites) on Cygwin.
> 
> I wonder why I got no errors when running the testsuite during the build
> of perl-5.8.7, maybe some more tests are needed to cover this issue?

5.8.7 ships with Test::Harness 2.48 which doesn't have this code.

Otherwise, there appears to be no specific test of delete $ENV{...}.
There's something in t/op/local.t which dances around the issue.
There probably should be a t/op/env.t, I'm kind of surprised there isn't.

-- 
Michael G Schwern     [email-masked]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
	-- Phillip K. Dick

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/