Subject: Re: [perl-5.8.7] Perl regression tests fail when lib directory is present
From: Andrew Ho <[email-masked]>
To: Michael G Schwern <[email-masked]>
Cc: Scott Bolte <[email-masked]>, "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:54:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

MS>I would suggest working backwards though the CPAN versions of Test::Harness
MS>until it works.  Then we can better spot the change which caused this bug.
MS>http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Harness/

I tested stepping down through versions of Test::Harness from CPAN. 
Version 2.42 is the latest version which passes "make test" for my simple 
test case at http://www.zeuscat.com/andrew/src/TestModule.tar.gz.

Here are the diffs between 2.42 and 2.44, the next most recent version:

     http://www.zeuscat.com/tmp/test_harness_diff.txt
     http://www.zeuscat.com/tmp/test_harness_diff.html (colorized)

I haven't peeked through the diff yet to figure out what the cuplrit is.

Thanks for all the quick responses on this!

Humbly,

Andrew

----------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Ho                                      [email-masked]
Staff Engineer                                      650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.                     http://www.tellme.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/