Subject: cygwin ver 1.5.12-1 on win2k3
From: "Etienne Mbuyi" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Matthew Kurowski'" <[email-masked]>, "'Matthew Kurowski'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:09:34 -0400

We are trying to run Cron on some our win2k3 servers but without success. If
we assigned the domain administrator the right to logon as a service, Cron
service doesn't start. The service only start when using the local system
account. Even if the service is running, the job doesn't seem to work.
Attached you will find the cygchect.out file. Below is the cron_diagnose.sh
output.

$ cron_diagnose.sh

cron_diagnose.sh 1.10

The owner and the Administrators need

to have ..x permission to /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Here are the current permissions:

ls: /usr/sbin/sendmail: No such file or directory

Please change the user and/or group ownership and

permissions of /usr/sbin/sendmail, and then run this script again.

     ssmtp and exim are suitable mailers.

This script did not find any errors in your cron setup.

If you are running cron as yourself,

/usr/sbin/sendmail should point to an executable mailer

If you are still unable to get cron to work, then try

shutting down the cron service, uninstalling it,

reinstalling it, and restarting it.

The following commands will do that:

  $ cygrunsrv --stop cron

  $ cygrunsrv --remove cron

  $ cygrunsrv --install cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D

      (You can also add a -u switch)

  $ cygrunsrv --start cron

If the cron service does not start, try deleting the file

/var/run/cron.pid and then repeating the commands above.

Also, examine the log file for cron, /var/log/cron.log, for

information that it might give you about the problem cron is

having.

If none of this fixes the problem, then report your problem

to [email-masked].  Please include a copy of your crontab,

('crontab -l') and the output of 'cygcheck -srv > cygcheck.txt'.

Please include the generated file 'cygcheck.txt' *as an attachment*,

and NOT in the body of the mail message.

 

Etienne Mbuyi

Chicago Trading Company

111 Broadway, 10th Floor

New York, NY 10006

Tel: 917-779-7051

Fax: 917-779-7099

email: [email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/