Subject: Re: Problem with python extension install
From: John Whitley <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:59:52 -0700

Jason Tishler wrote:
> Actually, the link line is missing:
>
>     -L/usr/lib/python2.4/config
>

Thanks for the correction..  I figured that out a few minutes after I  
sent my last email.  8-)

> Does ZopeInterface use Distutils?  If so, then the above link option
> should be automatically added under Cygwin.

It does use distutils, and that's why I was confused.  I further  
noted that other packages (e.g., Twisted-2.0.1) had the same problem  
-- the distutils generated linker path is appearing as "-L.", causing  
any extension builds to break.  By manually replacing "-L." with "-L/ 
usr/lib/python2.4/config" in the link lines I was able to get these  
packages built.

This suggests a problem with distutils, but that's as far as I've had  
time to investigate.

Thanks,
John

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/