Subject: Re: Patch adding *.oct to rebaseall for cygwin
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "James R. Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:46:01 -0400

Igor,

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 09:35:32AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > rebaseall currently handles .dll files and the next version will
> > handle .so files too.  I would prefer not to change rebaseall to
> > handle non-standard shared library extensions.  Instead, can you
> > change Cygwin octave to use one of the standard extensions for its
> > shared libraries?
> 
> Would adding a command-line option to rebaseall that specifies
> non-standard shared library extensions work?  That way, Jim could tell
> the octave users to run rebaseall with the
> "--add-non-standard-dll-suffix .oct" flag, and you won't have to worry
> about all the extra extensions for shared libraries out there.

Yes, the above is a reasonable approach.  I will toss it onto the
pile...

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/