Subject: Re: Patch adding *.oct to rebaseall for cygwin
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "James R. Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:23:34 -0400

The following post was to cygwin-apps@:

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 09:50:14AM -0700, James R. Phillips wrote:
> I'm not certain if rebase is being actively maintained, since the last
> release was over a year ago.  If anyone is, I have a patch for
> rebaseall that adds compiled octave shared libraries (*.oct) to the
> list of things that rebaseall can rebase.  This should make rebaseall
> work with octave installations.

Jim,

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 08:04:27PM -0700, James R. Phillips wrote:
> I'm not certain if rebase is being actively maintained, since the last
> release was over a year ago.  If you are maintaining it, I have a
> patch for rebaseall that adds compiled octave shared libraries (*.oct)
> to the list of things that rebaseall can rebase.  This should make
> rebaseall work with octave installations.

Please give me more than ~36 hours to respond to a post.  FWIW, I was on
vacation when you posted to cygwin-apps@.

rebaseall currently handles .dll files and the next version will handle
.so files too.  I would prefer not to change rebaseall to handle
non-standard shared library extensions.  Instead, can you change Cygwin
octave to use one of the standard extensions for its shared libraries?

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/