Subject: Re: Bug in printf ?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:44:57 +0900 (JST)

::Dealing with integers illustrates the matter more clearly. When
::the decimal value is exactly 0.5, then printf should round to the
::nearest *even* integer, as far as I know, so you should get

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your explanation. I didn't know, until now, that
rounding should be done to the "nearest *even* integer".
Need to learn every day. ;-)

::Now I realize that Cygwin's printf doesn't get it right, because

Wow, what a coincidence. ;-)

Anyway, thanks for Peter and DaveK for looking into the issue.

Thanks
  Haro
=-----------------------------------------------------------------------
           _ _    Munehiro (haro) Matsuda
 -|- /_\  |_|_|   KGT Inc.
 /|\ |_|  |_|_|   2-8-8 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0022, Japan
                  Tel: +81-3-3225-0767  Fax: +81-3-3225-0740

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/