Subject: Re: Build/Compile problems with ApachPHP on Cygwin MS-XP
From: Chris Oxenreider <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:32:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>> My other problem with compiling PHP still persists though.   After
>> modifying the Make file to have libtool go in to debug mode
>> 
>>     LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool --debug --preserve-dup-deps
>> 
>> and modifying the libtool script so that it did not allow undefined
>> symbols by changing all the 'allow_undefined=' lines to 'no'.
>
>
> This is the wrong approach, use the linking flag -no-undefined instead.

Old habits from the days before ./configure die hard.  An era when
modifying the 'Makefile' and/or 'configh.h' was your method of
configuring source for building on a system.

>> /usr/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o):: undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [libphp5.la] Error 1
>
> This is an old libtool, use the latest libtool package available for
> Cygwin (the name is libtool-devel).

The version I have appears to be up to date.  Unless the mirror I am
using (mirrors.kernel.org) is out of date.

$ libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.18 (1.1220.2.246 2005/05/16 10:00:18)

When I use the setup.exe program and do a 'full' listing I see a
libtool-devel which is marked as "_obsolete (1.5.10-2)".  I have
libtool1.5 (1.5.18-1) installed from the menu list and this is part of
the "Devel" catagory.   What particular version should I have installed?

-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Christopher G. Oxenreider  | We need to find the courage to say NO to
[email-masked] | the things and people that are not serving
#include<std_disclaimer.h> | us if we want to rediscover ourselves
                            | and live our lives with authenticity. 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/