Subject: RE: Windows rights
From: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
To: Christophe Delarue <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:27:29 -0400

At 10:00 AM 6/23/2005, you wrote:

>Do the third paragraph 
>" An important restriction of this method is that a process started 
>without a password cannot access network shares which require
>authentication. 
>This also applies to subprocesses which switched user context without a
>password. 
>Therefore, when using ssh or rsh without a password, it is typically not
>possible 
>to access network drives"
>Means it is impossible to access any network drives without explicit
>login ?
>
>Is there a method to rsh on a windows machine without password and
>access network drives ?

See the FAQ entry:

Why don't my services work (or access network shares)?
<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_3.html#SEC33>

It lists some options for you, if you can live with the consequences.

--
Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746                     

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/