Subject: RE: [spam] Re: Windows rights
From: Christophe Delarue <[email-masked]>
To: Igor Pechtchanski <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:00:38 +0200

Thank's for your answer 

My server is Ms 2000.

I read the url you gave me (I have allready read). I do not well
understand 
the section switching user context 

Does the second paragraph "On NT and Windows 2000 the SYSTEM user 
has these privileges and can run services such as sshd." says that 
I should run the services as SYSTEM and not LocalSystem ?

Do the third paragraph 
" An important restriction of this method is that a process started 
without a password cannot access network shares which require
authentication. 
This also applies to subprocesses which switched user context without a
password. 
Therefore, when using ssh or rsh without a password, it is typically not
possible 
to access network drives"
Means it is impossible to access any network drives without explicit
login ?

Is there a method to rsh on a windows machine without password and
access network drives ?

Thanks' again

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Igor Pechtchanski
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 15:14
To: Christophe Delarue
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [spam] Re: Windows rights

Same problem in both cases.  Read all of
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html>, especially the part titled
"Switching User Context", carefully.

HTH,
	Igor
-- 
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		[email-masked]
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		[email-masked]
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL	a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

----------- -----------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/