Subject: Re: Any chance to get Apache 2.0.xx working on cygwin?
From: Carlo Florendo <[email-masked]>
To: Max Bowsher <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andreas Eibach <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:08:26 +0800

Max Bowsher wrote:

> Andreas Eibach wrote:
>
>> *Please ANYONE*: anyone who has this 2.0.xx thing running 
>> _successfully_ on
>> cygwin, please report back here. Maybe I can learn a bit of nifty tricks
>> from you :)
>
>
> As I said in the recent thread "Apache DSO modules under Cygwin", I'm 
> quite happily running Apache 2 under Cygwin. With the addition 
> Subversion modules, no less. Keep an eye out on cygwin-apps, after 
> this most recent burst of interest, I've bumped finishing off the 
> half-made package I've had for a while up my todo list. Package is 
> building right now, actually. *crosses fingers, hopes for no build 
> errors*.
>
>

Now that we're talking about apache 2 here, is there some chance we 
could include PHP as a module in apache?  The 
apache-php-postgresql/mysql framework has been waiting for a long time 
in cygwin now.  I remember around 2 years ago that the framework (at 
least with postgresql) used to be in cygwin.

There is just one problem.  PHP *can* compile in cygwin but the wrong 
thing is compiled.   (I'm trying to configure PHP as a module that will 
load into apache)  Doing a ./configure, make, runs with no errors.  
However, when doing a make install, here's what crops up:

$ make install
Installing PHP SAPI module:       apache
apxs:Error: file libs/libphp4.so is not a DSO
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

The thing is, libs/libphp4.so does not exist but only libs/libpp4.a

I remember someone saying before that there is a problem in libtool.  
However, I don't quite understand how libtool works.

Here's what the make warning says:

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin 
shared libraries

If anyone could help me build php4 on cygwin, I would volunteer as its 
maintainer. 

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Carlo

-- 
Carlo Florendo
Astra Philippines Inc.
www.astra.ph

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/