Subject: Cygwin 1.5.16 (0.128/4/2): - mkpasswd (249) : [5] Access denied error while running mkpasswd / mkgroup command
From: "Moghe, Jayant" <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Moghe, Jayant" <[email-masked]>, "Rao, Prashanth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:55:27 +0530

We have Cygwin 1.5.16 and is installed on Windows 2000 server. 

When I run command 

> mkpasswd -l -d > /etc/passwd
Or
> mkgroup -l -d > /etc/group,

I get the following error message

mkpasswd (249) : [5] Access denied 

Please help me resolving this issue.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Jayant 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/