Subject: Re: Cygwin's symlinks and cifs mounts
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:24:09 +0200

On Jun 12 01:10, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> We here have a cifs network share on server LVSMB that is mounted on S:\
> on clients. Could cygwin running on clients see symlinks from unix
> extensions of this cifs share and ln -s build real symlinks on the
> server? (rather than building windows shortcuts or magic cygwin
> symlink).

No.  The fact that symlinks are real symlinks on some Samba share is
hidden to a Windows client.  There's no such thing as a SMB protocol
to create and read symlinks.

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader          mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/