Subject: Assembler problem while trying to integrate D iompiler in GCC suite
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:59:00 +0200
Newsgroups: D.gnu

Hi all,

I'm trying to integrate the D frontend for GCC in the GCC 3.4.4 release,
I'm in contact with the maintainer David Friedman, he successfully
compiled the current (0.12.1) sources with MinGW and I expect that he
also has tested it with other supported platforms, however I get this
error now and I have not really an idea what the reason may be.  I found
one patch for gas for another platform:
http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=857
http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=936
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-05/msg00289.html

However I don't know if this is related or if there may be another 
problem with the e.g. source.

What is new in the source regarding this problem is this patch which 
gives me the error cited below:

diff -cr d-0.12/README d-0.12.1/README
*** d-0.12/README	Sat May 28 18:00:56 2005
--- d-0.12.1/README	Sun Jun  5 19:51:22 2005
***************
*** 1,6 ****
! D Front End for GCC - Release 0.12

! Last update: May 24, 2005
   Supported Systems

       * GCC 3.3.x, 3.4.x
--- 1,6 ----
! D Front End for GCC - Release 0.12.1

! Last update: June 5, 2005
   Supported Systems

       * GCC 3.3.x, 3.4.x
***************
*** 17,25 ****

   Downloads

!     * Main package (Release 0.12)
!       http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/gdc-0.12.tgz
!       http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/gdc-0.12.tar.bz2
       * Build Instructions
         http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/INSTALL.html
         (or see INSTALL included in the main package)
--- 17,25 ----

   Downloads

!     * Main package (Release 0.12.1)
!       http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/gdc-0.12.1.tgz
!       http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/gdc-0.12.1.tar.bz2
       * Build Instructions
         http://home.earthlink.net/~dvdfrdmn/d/INSTALL.html
         (or see INSTALL included in the main package)
***************
*** 172,177 ****
--- 172,186 ----

   Changes

+ 0.12.1:
+
+     *  Fixes
+           o Compilation errors and crashes with -fpic
+           o Crashes with interfaces on Cygwin/MinGW
+           o Support the -mno-cygwin option
+
+ 0.12:
+
       *  Fixes
             o Various problems building MinGW in MSYS
             o Mango "endless output"
diff -cr d-0.12/d-codegen.cc d-0.12.1/d-codegen.cc
*** d-0.12/d-codegen.cc	Sat May 28 18:00:56 2005
--- d-0.12.1/d-codegen.cc	Sun Jun  5 19:27:36 2005
***************
*** 1743,1748 ****
--- 1743,1805 ----
       return call_exp;
   }

+
+ #if D_GCC_VER >= 34
+ #ifdef ASM_OUTPUT_DEF
+ static int thunk_labelno;
+
+ /* Create a static alias to function.  */
+
+ static tree
+ make_alias_for_thunk (tree function)
+ {
+   tree alias;
+   char buf[256];
+
+ #if defined (TARGET_IS_PE_COFF)
+   if (DECL_ONE_ONLY (function))
+     return function;
+ #endif
+
+   ASM_GENERATE_INTERNAL_LABEL (buf, "LTHUNK", thunk_labelno);
+   thunk_labelno++;
+   alias = build_decl (FUNCTION_DECL, get_identifier (buf),
+ 		      TREE_TYPE (function));
+   //DECL_LANG_SPECIFIC (alias) = DECL_LANG_SPECIFIC (function);
+   //cxx_dup_lang_specific_decl (alias);
+   DECL_CONTEXT (alias) = NULL;
+   TREE_READONLY (alias) = TREE_READONLY (function);
+   TREE_THIS_VOLATILE (alias) = TREE_THIS_VOLATILE (function);
+   TREE_PUBLIC (alias) = 0;
+   //DECL_INTERFACE_KNOWN (alias) = 1;
+   //DECL_NOT_REALLY_EXTERN (alias) = 1;
+   //DECL_THIS_STATIC (alias) = 1;
+   //DECL_SAVED_FUNCTION_DATA (alias) = NULL;
+   //DECL_DESTRUCTOR_P (alias) = 0;
+   //DECL_CONSTRUCTOR_P (alias) = 0;
+   //DECL_CLONED_FUNCTION (alias) = NULL_TREE;
+   DECL_EXTERNAL (alias) = 0;
+   DECL_ARTIFICIAL (alias) = 1;
+   DECL_NO_STATIC_CHAIN (alias) = 1;
+   //DECL_PENDING_INLINE_P (alias) = 0;
+   DECL_INLINE (alias) = 0;
+   DECL_DECLARED_INLINE_P (alias) = 0;
+   //DECL_DEFERRED_FN (alias) = 0;
+   //DECL_USE_TEMPLATE (alias) = 0;
+   //DECL_TEMPLATE_INSTANTIATED (alias) = 0;
+   //DECL_TEMPLATE_INFO (alias) = NULL;
+   //DECL_INITIAL (alias) = error_mark_node;
+   TREE_ADDRESSABLE (alias) = 1;
+   TREE_USED (alias) = 1;
+   SET_DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME (alias, DECL_NAME (alias));
+   TREE_SYMBOL_REFERENCED (DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME (alias)) = 1;
+   if (!flag_syntax_only)
+     assemble_alias (alias, DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME (function));
+   return alias;
+ }
+ #endif
+ #endif
+
   // Can't output thunks while a function is being compiled. Called from
   // d-decls.cc (no cur_irs)
   static Array deferredThunks;
***************
*** 1787,1799 ****
   IRState::outputThunk(tree thunk_decl, tree target_decl, int offset)
   {
       int delta = -offset;
!     tree alias = target_decl;

       TREE_ADDRESSABLE(target_decl) = 1;
       TREE_USED(target_decl) = 1;
   #if D_GCC_VER >= 34
       DECL_VISIBILITY (thunk_decl) = DECL_VISIBILITY (target_decl);
! #ifdef ASM_OUTPUT_DEF
     if (targetm.have_named_sections)
       {
         resolve_unique_section (target_decl, 0, flag_function_sections);
--- 1844,1866 ----
   IRState::outputThunk(tree thunk_decl, tree target_decl, int offset)
   {
       int delta = -offset;
!     tree alias;
! #if D_GCC_VER >= 34
! #ifdef ASM_OUTPUT_DEF
!     alias = make_alias_for_thunk(target_decl);
! #else
!     alias = target_decl;
! #endif
! #else
!     alias = target_decl;
! #endif

       TREE_ADDRESSABLE(target_decl) = 1;
       TREE_USED(target_decl) = 1;
   #if D_GCC_VER >= 34
       DECL_VISIBILITY (thunk_decl) = DECL_VISIBILITY (target_decl);
! #if defined (ASM_OUTPUT_DEF) \
!   && !defined (TARGET_IS_PE_COFF)
     if (targetm.have_named_sections)
       {
         resolve_unique_section (target_decl, 0, flag_function_sections);
diff -cr d-0.12/d-glue.cc d-0.12.1/d-glue.cc
*** d-0.12/d-glue.cc	Thu May 26 21:05:04 2005
--- d-0.12.1/d-glue.cc	Sun Jun  5 19:27:36 2005
***************
*** 2361,2366 ****
--- 2361,2367 ----
   		build_pointer_type( mod_ref_type ));
   	    dkeep(the_mod_ref);
   	    DECL_EXTERNAL( the_mod_ref ) = 1;
+ 	    TREE_PUBLIC( the_mod_ref ) = 1;

   	    tree m1 = build(MODIFY_EXPR, void_type_node,
   		build(COMPONENT_REF, TREE_TYPE(f0), our_mod_ref, f0),

Gives me this error now:

$ /gcc/gcc-3.4.4/gcc-3.4.4-1/.build/gcc/gdc -save-temps 
-B/gcc/gcc-3.4.4/gcc-3.4.4-1/.build/gcc/ -B/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ 
-B/usr/i686-pc-cy>
gdc: warning: -pipe ignored because -save-temps specified
socketstream.s: Assembler messages:
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK0' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream9readExactFPvkZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK1' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFAhZk'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK2' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJgZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK3' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJhZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK4' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJsZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK5' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJtZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK6' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJiZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK7' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJkZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK8' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJlZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK9' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJmZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK10' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJfZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK11' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJdZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK12' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJeZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK13' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJoZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK14' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJpZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK15' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJjZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK16' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJqZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK17' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJrZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK18' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJcZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK19' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJaZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK20' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJuZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK21' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJwZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK22' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJAaZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK23' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream4readFJAuZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK25' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream8readLineFAaZAa'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK27' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream9readLineWFAuZAu'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK28' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream7opApplyFDFKAaZiZi'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK29' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream7opApplyFDFKmKAaZiZi'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK30' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream7opApplyFDFKAuZiZi'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK31' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream7opApplyFDFKmKAuZiZi'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK32' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream10readStringFkZAa'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK33' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream11readStringWFkZAu'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK36' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream6ungetcFaZa'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK37' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream7ungetcwFuZu'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK38' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream6vscanfFAaPaZi'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK39' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5scanfFAaYi'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK40' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream9availableFZk'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK42' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream6isOpenFZb'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK43' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream10writeExactFPvkZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK44' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFAhZk'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK45' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFgZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK46' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFhZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK47' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFsZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK48' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFtZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK49' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFiZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK50' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFkZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK51' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFlZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK52' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFmZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK53' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFfZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK54' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFdZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK55' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFeZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK56' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFoZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK57' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFpZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK58' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFjZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK59' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFqZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK60' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFrZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK61' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFcZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK62' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFaZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK63' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFuZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK64' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFwZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK65' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFAaZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK66' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5writeFAuZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK67' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream9writeLineFAaZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK68' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream10writeLineWFAuZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK69' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream11writeStringFAaZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK70' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream12writeStringWFAuZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK71' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream7vprintfFAaPaZk'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK72' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream6printfFAaYk'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK73' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream6writefFYC3std6stream6Stream'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK74' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream8writeflnFYC3std6stream6Stream'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK75' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream5flushFZv'
socketstream.s:1416: Error: Local symbol `LTHUNK77' can't be equated to 
undefined symbol `__D3std6stream6Stream6isOpenFZb'

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/