Subject: permission and hosts.equiv
From: Christophe DELARUE <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 12:32:15 +0200

Hi all,

I read the faq, the ntsec section, asked on my system administrator
... but I cannot figure out why I cannot get what I would like.

Consider this 

prompt # rsh ptxw09112
Password:
Last login: Wed May 25 10:23:35 from ptxw09247.<my domain>.fr
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
Bienvenue chrdelar
prompt - pc # 

Then I filled the file /etc/hosts.equiv on the cygwin machine
ptxw09247
<EOF>

prompt # rsh ptxw09112
Last login: Wed May 25 10:24:03 from ptxw09247.<my domain>.fr
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
-bash: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar/.profile: Permission denied
prompt - pc # 

The "Permission denied" comes I think from the permission. If I do a
"id -a" on each configuration. A lot of groups are missing in the second
form. 

If I use a telnet connection, the affected rights are the same without
the hosts.equiv.

What's is going on ?

The fact is that I'd like to use rsh ...

The c:/cygwin/etc/hosts contains both ips
the files c:/cygwin/etc/hosts.{allow,deny} are inexistent.

Thank's for any help/suggestion.

-- 
Christophe Delarue

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/