Subject: Re: Fw: bug in texi2dvi, and hack patch
From: Stepan Kasal <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Cc: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:49:54 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 06:32:58AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> Now, if both tex and tex.exe exist, but tex is not executable,
> then you just failed to find tex.exe on cygwin.

OK.  But later on, command "tex" is called.
If both tex and tex.exe exist in the same directory in path, what does
bash/Cygwin do?  Doesn't it complain that the file is not executable?
(``Permission denied'', perhaps.)

But my main answer is: if you have your setup that screwed, you deserve
what you get.  (OTOH, having tex.exe and tex/ in the same place makes
more sense.)

Regards,
	Stepan

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/