Subject: Re: [patch] several new features for cygrunsrv
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 22:30:46 +0200

Hi Brian,

I really like this patch, cool stuff.  However, I have two nits.

First, your patch adds new options, so it should also add some wording to
cygrunsrv.README.

On May 19 12:25, Brian Dessent wrote:
> for S in `cygrunsrv -L`; do cygrunsrv -E $S; done
> 
> If a service name contains spaces it will be double-quoted.

I gave the -L option a quick test and to my surprise, no service got
printed.  The problem was apparently that I was not running /bin/cygrunsrv,
but the cygrunsrv I've just built in my builddir.  To recognize the
services as a Cygwin service, the list function uses the full path to
cygrunsrv.  I'm wondering if comparing the basename wouldn't be better
for debugging purposes?  This is also more aligned to the -Q option which
prints services also if it's not the "right" cygrunsrv asking for them.

Thanks,
Corinna

P.S.: I'm redirecting to the cygwin ML.  cygwin-patches is really for
      Cygwin only, not for any Cygwin applications.

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader          mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/