Subject: Re: [Fwd: Strange-Dangerous behaviour in Cygwin]
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 00:06:11 -0400

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 11:44:53AM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:
>Does this patch also fix the issue of arrow keys wrongly being enabled 
>like a text editor (e.g. during "rm -i <blah>", a user can navigate 
>through the screen.)

This is not a bug in coreutils.  You can get the same behavior in
windows by typing "stty -ctlecho".  Cygwin doesn't implement the ctlecho
stty setting (see man stty) so, the escape sequences associated with the
arrow keys cause cursor motion rather than displaying, e.g., the up arrow
key as ^[[A.

PTC.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/