Subject: Re: mkdir -p and network drives
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:35:53 -0700

Eric Blake <[email-masked]> writes:

> //MACHINE currently generates ENOENT, whether or not there is a
> server on the network with that name, and mkdir(2), stat(2), and
> chdir(2) with an argument of "//MACHINE" fail.

That's certainly a hassle.  Let's not worry about going through
zillions of lines of application code working around that
incompatibility.  Let's get Cygwin fixed instead.

> By the way, the coreutils anon CVS mirror syncronization
> appears to be hung again,

It'll probably get resynced in a week or so.  The CVS administrator is
on vacation.  In theory you can recover the current state by applying
all the patches I've sent out via bug-coreutils.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/