Subject: Re: sshd and /usr/bin/zsh
From: Brad King <[email-masked]>
To: Krzysztof Duleba <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:28:56 -0400

Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>>I just upgraded cygwin and now I cannot login to the machine via ssh
>>unless I change /etc/passwd to use /bin/bash for my shell.  If I use
>>/usr/bin/zsh then the login appears successful but no prompt ever shows
>>up.
> 
> Right, but did you try to type any command? When I do ssh localhost zsh -l
> I don't get prompt as well, but commands work fine.
> 
> I get the same behaviour with and without -l, with zsh and bash, on
> Cygwin, Linux and Solaris. I guess it's not Cygwin related problem at all.

Yes, I tried typing commands but nothing happens.  The .z* files are not 
executed either (I tried adding commands to them that create files and 
the files don't show up).  It also DOES work if I login as a user with 
admin priviledges.  As I said, this was all working fine before I 
upgraded cygwin yesterday, so it must be some minor change that came in 
with the upgrade.  Therefore I strongly suspect it is a cygwin problem.

-Brad

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/