Subject: Help !!! - Problem running Cygwin in Remote Desktop session with non-admin privileges
From: "Moghe, Jayant" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Moghe, Jayant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:08:25 +0530

Hello!!

I have installed "cygwin-1.5.15-1" on windows 2000 server. 

When I logon locally, the installation works fine with admin as well as
non admin privileges.

When I connect to the server using remote desktop utility (MSTSC) on my
laptop (WinXP SP1 / 2) with non-admin privileges account, I get
following error message;
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
      5 [main] bash 2948 fork_parent: child 1380 died waiting for
longjmp before initialization

bash: fork: Bad file descriptor

bash-2.05b$
------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
 
Can some one help me resolve this?

Further, Cygwin works fine using remote desktop utility only with the
user having admin credentials. 

Thanks!!!

Best regards,

Jayant Moghe
Texas Instruments (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Bangalore. India.

[email-masked]

 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/