Subject: Re: Any fix to cygheap_fixup_in_child failure after rebaseall?
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:44:35 -0700

Bruce Dobrin wrote:
> 
> I did use rebaseall -T /usr/local/bin
> 
> But I've always been a bit hazy as to what the proper format for
> rebaseall was....

That won't work.  The argument to -T is a filename of a file containing
a list of additional files to rebase, one per line.  It can also take
'-' to mean a list on stdin.  However when you do rebaseall you want to
make sure that as few cygwin programs are invoked as possible, otherwise
you risk their DLLs being in use and the rebase will abort.  (This is
why you must run it from a plain bash CMD.EXE prompt, not rxvt or
xterm.)  Therefore you should be careful if you use '-' so that you
don't have DLLs in use.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/