Subject: Re: How is cygwin's minimal setup-data retained in Win32? (Still have an installation problem.)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: "Cygwin Users (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:01:13 -0700

"Mills, John M." wrote:

> I suppose there may be more retained information I don't know about.
> 
> How should I completely "launder" a Win32 box so I can get a "really clean"
> Cygwin installation from one mirror server?

If you want to remove everything, you basically have to remove the
mounts and delete the directory where cygwin was installed.  This is
outlined in <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC20>.  However, rather
than mucking around in the registry just do "umount -A" to remove mount
information.  As Igor points out, setup.exe stores most of its
information in files under /etc/setup, and it locates /etc by looking at
the mount table.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/